Monday, May 19, 2008

Waiting for Spring

This box was actually finished quite a few weeks ago. Life kept getting in my way of getting the pictures posted up here. Sorry for such along break without something new to share:)

At the time I was painting her it was the tail end of winter and I pictured her sitting on that branch waiting for the trees buds to open.

I wish I could figure out a better way to photograph metallics. The sides of this box are a rich combination of gold, bronze and copper and her hair is a molten bronze. Her wings are those of a monarch butterfly.

I also started something new with this project. Before starting on the sketch I drew one of my Faerie Oracle cards for a guiding inspiration. It gives me a new way to look at things and hopefully is fun for the recipient.

The card I drew was Ekstasis which represents Ecstasy, Joy, Rapture and Motivation. It's suggestion is go for it, you are on the right path. Great joy and accomplishment are within reach. It also represents the music that connects everything within the cosmos. I think she is poised at the moment before the ecstatic promise of Spring is fulfilled.





No comments: