Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gilded Autumn

This little American beauty is based on Charles Dana Gibson's illustrations. Her auburn hair has metallic copper highlights swirled into her Gibson style pompadour. Her wings are bases on the Queen butterfly and are glazed in the same metallic copper. A tiny rhinestone glitters from the band around her neck.

Her companion is based on a cat belonging to the recipient but I have to admit that his facial expression reminds me more of my furry little helper, Angus, who is a brown tabby instead of a golden Bengal. In the foreground of their resting place are cut paper leaves that echoes the autumnal paper inside.

The box's sides are sponged with layers of copper and several metallic golds then wrapped with real black lace accented with more rhinestones.





In other news - This is the first batch of pictures from my new camera. I can already see some improvement in detail and I'm sure as I figure out the ins and outs of how it works I'll be able to offer better images of my work for your viewing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely! Do you have a price list?
Thank you!

isisonearth said...

This piece was a custom order so isn't available for sale. If you e-mail me at Marie.de.Carabas@gmail.com I'd be glad to give you some pricing information. It varies by the size of the piece and the type and amount of embellishment.